Focus on Florals
2-dayWorkshop :: January 26-27, 2019
with Jenny Doh
207 N. Broadway Street, Suite L
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Join me for a 2-day workshop where we will learn to how to paint a floral painting using photo references. Please feel free to bring photo references of flowers that you may want to potentially paint. If you don't have photos, no worries, I will bring plenty of references that you can use. We will start with prepping the canvas and the photo. We will spend time observing the reference to discuss how the direction of each blossom can be actualized as we observe shapes and values and visualize our paintings.
We will then move to making a very light drawing of the reference, then paint the values, and then paint the colors. Throughout the process, we will adopt the THREE Ds of painting where we 1) Deliberate, 2) Decide, and 3) Deliver. I will also help you add finishing touches on the final day.
MATERIALS LIST: Each participant is asked to bring the following to the workshop:
SCHEDULE for both days:
- Arrive & Settle: 9:00 :: Time for students to arrive, settle in.
- Class Segment A: 9:30-12:00 :: Class time with Jenny who will demonstrate and guide the 1st part of class.
- Lunch & Stroll: 12:00 PM :: You can choose to brown bag it or take a stroll to one of the many hip and artsy eateries in the historic Artist's Village in Santa Ana, like Chapter One, and The Gypsy Den.
- Class Segment B: 1:30-4:30 PM :: Class time with Jenny who will guide the 2nd part of class.
- Clean-Up & Depart: 4:30-5:00 PM
- Due to limited class size, the spot for this class is transferable but payment is non-refundable. Please read about this policy in our Studio Policies.
Please read class policies for Studio CRESCENDOh here. By purchasing this class, you are agreeing to abide by the class policies.
January 26-27, 2019
PRICE :: 285